Copy of a letter to John Croker concerning two chronometers for HMS Spartiate under Captain Falcon, 1823-08-07
Scope and Contents
Copies of outgoing correspondence from Astronomer Royal, John Pond, and his assistant, Thomas Taylor, at the Royal Observatory. Some of the letters are addressed to chronometer makers. Note that correspondence to more than one person often appears on the same page.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 folio(s) (1 folio) : Paper
Language of Materials
Finding aid date
- Arnold and Son, watch and chronometer makers
- Barraud and Sons, watch and chronometer makers
- Croker, John Wilson, 1780 - 1857 (politician and essayist) (Recipient)
- Earnshaw, Thomas, 1749 - 1829 (maker of watches and chronometers)
- Falcon, Gordon, 1777 - 1854 (Captain Royal Navy)
- HMS Spartiate, ship of the line (1798-1857)