Skip to main content

Notes on the Royal Observatory, 1955

Reference Code: GBR/0180/RGO 74/1/7

Scope and Contents

Typescript notes regarding the buildings and instruments of the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, covering its development from its foundation until the beginning of the Second World War, and its observing methods from 1676 to the middle of the 19th century. There are accompanying plans of the grounds and photocopies of pictures of the buildings, grounds and instruments. At the start of the folder is a prefatory note by P.S. Laurie dated 26 August 1955.


  • Creation: 1955


Conditions Governing Access

From the Management Group:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (


1 folder(s) (1 folder)

Language of Materials


Finding aid date

2006-07-11 13:41:12+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom