List of orders received concerning the issuing of chronometers to H M Ships, 1821-07-23 - 1835-07-31
Scope and Contents
A diary of orders, received by Pond, to send chronometers to particular ships, followed by a record of the date each order was completed. This is inverted at the back of the volume.
- 1821-07-23 - 1835-07-31
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
52 folio(s) (52 ff.) : Paper
Language of Materials
Finding aid date
- Arnold and Son, watch and chronometer makers
- Barraud and Sons, watch and chronometer makers
- Earnshaw, Thomas, 1749 - 1829 (maker of watches and chronometers)
- Inman, James, 1776 - 1859 (mathematician and writer on navigation)
- McCabe, James, 1811 (chronometer and watch maker)
- Pennington, Robert, c1780 - c1844 (chronometer maker)
- Porthouse, Thomas, c1794 - 1860 (watch & chronometer maker)