Letter from Alexander Becher to Mr Taylor providing a list of lost chronometers, 1829-11-19
Scope and Contents
Admiralty papers sent to Pond concerning the fitting out of H M Ships with chronometers.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 folio(s) (1 folio) : Paper
Language of Materials
Becher, Alexander Bridport
Finding aid date
- Arnold, John, c1736 - 1799 (watch and chronometer maker)
- Barwise, John, fl1790 - 1841 (chronometer maker)
- Earnshaw, Thomas, 1749 - 1829 (maker of watches and chronometers)
- HMS Orestes, sloop (1824-1852)
- Murray, James, 1780 - 1847 (chronometer maker)
- Reynolds, John, 1783 - 1848 (Captain Royal Navy)
- Taylor, Thomas J, 1772 (assistant at Royal Observatory) (Recipient)