Early computations, 1723 - 1737
Scope and Contents
Computations, mainly cometary.
1. Chart of cometary observations and associated calculations, 1723.
2. Several pages of calculations.
3. 'The Places of the Telescopic Stars from which the Comet was observed', 1723, with a chart.
4. Equation to solve a problem on parabolas.
5. Account of the observations of a comet by Maraldi at Paris, 1723. There is mention of the 1707 cometary sighting at Paris, with calculations.
6. Calculations regarding the comet of 1737, with observations.
7. Equation and method to solve a problem involving parabolas.
- 1723 - 1737
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Bradley, James, 1692 - 1762 (astronomer) (Person)
- From the Series: Bliss, Nathaniel, 1700 - 1764 (astronomer) (Person)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com