Molyneux Papers, 1952-10-11
Scope and Contents
A microfilm of papers of the Molyneux family:
1. Evangelista Torricellio, 'On the Motion of Heavy Bodys Naturally Falling and Projected. In Two Books. Wherein are shewn the Ingenious Performances of Nature by Motion In A Parabolick Line. And the universal Doctrine of Projects is Dispatchd by the Description of a Semicircle', translated from the Latin by William Molyneaux, Dublin, October 1681.
2. Letter book of Samuel Molyneaux, 1707-1709.
3. Correspondence of John Flamsteed and William Molyneaux, 1681-1688.
4. Notes for a History of Ireland.
5. Notes on Irish manors.
6. William Molyneaux's translation of parts of Galileo's Dialogues.
7. Account book of Samuel Molyneaux, 1714-1718.
8. Part of the will of Lady Capell, proved 21 June 1721 (Samuel Molyneaux was a trustee).
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (1 microfilm)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
A list of contents is with the microfilm.
Existence and Location of Originals
The microfilm was made from the original papers held by the Southampton Civic Centre.
Finding aid date
- From the Management Group: Royal Greenwich Observatory (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com