Papers of Thomas Firminger, 1991
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of correspondence and other papers relating to Thomas Firminger:
1. [ ] Firminger to (sister) 'My dear Kate' (possibly Catherine Dyer, née Firminger), 20 April 1848.
2. Elizabeth Firminger to Catherine [Dyer], 6 April 1854.
3. Thomas Firminger to William [Dyer], 17 January 1859.
4. Sir James South to Thomas Firminger, 25 June 1861.
5. Sir James South to [Thomas Firminger], 2 July 1861.
6. Thomas Firminger to Catherine [Dyer], 6 November 1861.
7. Announcement of the death of Thomas Firminger, November 1861.
8. Page 3 of an undated letter or memorandum in Thomas Firminger's hand giving dates of occupation of residences.
9. An undated copy of an inscription (possibly that on Elizabeth and Thomas Firminger's tombstone).
10. An undated copy of an entry in Nevil Maskelyne's Memorandum Book of January 1803, concerning an explosive method of chimney cleaning.
The original items are held by the Manuscripts Department.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 folder(s) (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Photocopied by Adam Perkins, Cambridge University Library, 31 July 1991.
Finding aid date