Admiralty Computing Service reports, 1943 - 1947
Scope and Contents
An incomplete standard set of the Nautical Almanac Library's Admiralty Computing Service reports in two main series, ACS nos 1 to 50 and ACS nos 51 to 99, with several later reports. There are typescript lists of the contents of the main series, including a record of which items are missing. The following reports are included:
1. Announcement of the formation of the A.C.S.
2. Computational facilities available at the N.A.O.
3. Relations between the parameters of normal frequency distributions
4. Short list of recommended mathematical tables
5. Numerical solutions of the behaviour of the gas bubble formed by an underwater explosion
6. Numerical solutions of Temperley's modified formula for the behaviour of the gas bubble formed by an underwater explosion
7. Summation of certain slowly convergent series
9. Table of 1/2[pi]...
10. Longitudinal impact on a beam
12. Lame functions in potential theory
13. Programme for the investigation of lame function
14. Problems amenable for the relaxation technique
15. Accuracy and precision in computation
16. Contours of three dimensional cams
17. First report on activities
18. Dip tables for mine cables
19. Tables for incomplete Hankel functions
20. Tables and graphs of trajectories
21. Airy integral for complex argument - first zero
23. Second report on activities
24. Calculations concerning the Taylor Bubble
25. Numerical solutions of the behaviour of the gas bubble formed by an underwater explosion between two rigid walls
26. The asymptotic expansion of a function defined by a definite or a contour integral
27. Behaviour of the expanding gas bubble formed by an underwater explosion in the neighbourhood of a deformable target
28. Bibliography of bomb ballistic tables
29. Tables of maximum ranges of sound rays in sea water
30. Third report on activities
31. Airy integral for complex argument - second zero
36. Radiation for a Hertzian Oscillator inside a perfectly conducting wave guide of rectangular section
37. Solution of differential equations by an electronic differential analyser
38. Miscellaneous information I
39. Airy integral for complex argument - third zero
40. Rangefinder Performance Computer
41. Relation methods applied to the calculation of capacity in coaxial lines
42. Fourth report on activities
43. On the problem of breakers
44. Statistical tables for weapon trials
45. Impulsive vibrations of a rectangular beam
46. Airy integral for complex argument - fourth zero
47. Tabulation of the function f (x, y)...
48. A differential equation in gas dynamics
50. Miscellaneous information II: descriptions of tables issued by the A.C.S.
51. Table of angular quarter squares
52. Tables of certain integrals
53. Dictionary of Laplace transforms - Part I
55. Airy integral for complex argument - fifth zero
57. Bi-axial training corrections for roll
59. Description of Airy integral tables issued by the A.C.S.
60. Fifth report on activities
63. Searchlight ranges
64. Outfit QM trials
65. Tables of legendre functions - Qn(x)
67. Integrals for A.R.L.
68. Dictionary of Laplace transforms - Part IIA
69. Underwater projectiles
70. Decca - Outfit QM
71. Dictionary of Laplace transforms - Part IIB
72. Construction of a nomogram
73. Photopic/scotopic ratios
75. Biaxial mounting corrections for combined roll and pitch
76. The theory of runs
77. Sixth report on activities
78. Night vision/intelligence correlation
80. Probability charts for destructive tests
81. Nomogram for A.R.L.
82. Zeros of Laguerre Polynomials and the corresponding Christoffel Numbers
83. Theoretical analysis of port gauge measurements
84. Potential theory applied to flow around an elliptic wing
85. Non-linear mechanics
86. Two dimensional cams
87. Computation of the reflection coefficient of an atmospheric inversion
88. Evaluation of the integral...
89. Supersonic flow through quasi-cylindrical ducta
90. Tables of the integrals...
91. Miscellaneous information III: unpublished tables of Bessel Functions
92. Lateral vibration of beams of the conical section
93. Tables for the summation of trigonometrical series
94. Bibliography of bomb ballistic tables
95. Determination by relaxation methods of stresses in turbine rotors
96. Computation of an integral in the theory of water waves
97. Tables of the incomplete Airy integral
98. Behaviour of the gas bubble formed by an underwater explosion in the presence of a target
98A. Correction to no. 98
99. Tables of functions associated with the Airy integral for complex argument
[Unnumbered] Tables of the function C...
101. Dictionary of Conformal Representations compiled by H. Kober, Part One
102. Dictionary of Laplace Transforms, Part 3A
Corrections and additions to SRE/ACS.53, 68, and 71
108. Dictionary of Laplace Transforms, Part 3B
109. Dictionary of Conformal Representations, Part Three
110. Dictionary of Conformal Representations, Part Four
- 1943 - 1947
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 archive box(es) (1 box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The reports comprising TAN-180 (ACS nos 1-99) were presented by Ingrid Howard and Natasha Miller, 29 April 1993. The source of TAN-516 (from ACS no. 101) is not known.
Finding aid date