Correspondence on the British Association visit to South Africa, 1902 - 1906
Scope and Contents
Volume IV of a series of correspondence regarding the visit of the British Association to South Africa in 1905, divided into the following sections:
1. Correspondence with Natal, 8 August 1902 - 8 March 1906, including correspondence between David Gill, the Natal Governor, the Secretary of the British Association and the South African Association for the Advancement of Science; details of the timetable at Natal; press cuttings, May 1905; and details of various arrangements for the visit.
2. Correspondence with Bloemfontein, Orange River Colony, 16 February 1905 - 27 October 1905, including correspondence between D. Gill and Professor Lyle of the Bloemfontein Organising Committee; an itinerary for the visit, dated 17 April 1905; and details of travel arrangements.
3. Correspondence with Rhodesia, 8 August 1904 - 19 November 1905, including correspondence between D. Gill and the Organising Committee at Bulawayo; an itinerary, dated 20 April 1905; and other arrangements.
4. Correspondence with Kimberley, 3 February - 14 December 1905, including correspondence between D. Gill and those organising the British Association visit to that area, and the draft itinerary, dated 9 May 1905.
5. Correspondence with Grahamstown, Lavedale, East London and Port Elizabeth, 12 December 1904 - September 1905, giving details to D. Gill of visits arranged to this area, including details of the itinerary, dated 15 July 1905.
6. Correspondence with Swaziland and Beira, 6 March 1905 - 4 January 1906, giving details to D. Gill of the British Association's departure for South Africa via Beira and expressing regret that the party did not visit Swaziland.
7. Miscellaneous correspondence regarding the visit, 28 February 1905 - 7 March 1906.
- 1902 - 1906
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date