Miscellaneous correspondence, 1883 - 1890
Scope and Contents
Miscellaneous correspondence of David Gill with astronomers and other individuals, divided into sections by correspondent: Cleveland Abbe; J.C. Adams; Professor Bakhuyzen; L. de Ball; Ballot; Belknapp, Washington; Miss Clerke; A.A. Common; Ralph Copeland; Cornu, Paris; Lord Lindsay; G.H. Darwin; J.L.E. Dreyer; Espin; Floyd of the Lick Observatory; J.W.L. Glaisher; and Gould.
- 1883 - 1890
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
This volume is badly damaged and can only be accessed on request. It must be handled with the help of a conservator. Much of the correspondence is virtually unreadable.
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- Adams, John Couch, 1819-1892 (astronomer)
- Bakhuyzen, Hendricus Gerardus van de Sande, 1838 - 1923 (astronomer)
- Clerke, Agnes Mary, 1842 - 1907 (writer on astronomy)
- Common, Andrew Ainslie, 1841 - 1903 (astronomer and astronomical photographer)
- Darwin, George Howard, Sir, 1845 - 1912 (Knight, mathematician and geophysicist)
- Dreyer, John Louis Emile, 1852 - 1926 (astronomer)
- Gill, David, Sir, 1843 - 1914 (Knight, astronomer)
- Glaisher, James, 1809 - 1903 (astronomer)