Correspondence on estimates, 1965 - 1969
Scope and Contents
(1) Correspondence regarding Navy estimates for the Royal Greenwich Observatory, 1965-1966, including staff numbers, grades and salaries; out turn forecasts; statistics of personnel and grades; sketch estimates; appropriation accounts; and advance orders.
(2) Correspondence regarding Science Research Council estimates, 1965-1966, including the division of charges for the National Time Service; charging for the Nautical Almanac Office publications; and the 'mopping up of surplus funds'.
(3) Papers regarding Annual Estimates, 1967-1969, including expenditure at the Cape Observatory; Radcliffe estimates; stationery and printing estimates; the maintenance of towers and masts; Cape estimates; and house purchase at the Cape.
(4) Correspondence of 1965-1967 regarding various estimates, concerning receipts, rent, rates, etc.; capital; financial reports on the Isaac Newton Telescope; estimates for travel; postal estimates; and Cape estimates. There is also a copy of Civil estimates for 1965-1966.
- 1965 - 1969
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 bundle(s) (1 bundle)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Woolley, Richard van der Reit, Sir, 1906 - 1986 (Knight, astronomer) (Person)