Personal correspondence, 1956 - 1958
Scope and Contents
Personal correspondence of Richard Woolley concerning lectures, awards, committees, visits, dinners and other subjects. The correspondents include various societies, institutions, universities, schools and other observatories; newspapers and magazines, concerning books and articles; and tradesmen, insurance companies and others, regarding Herstmonceux. There is also correspondence with individuals, including A. Kratzlaff, P.G. Kulikovsky, Rear Admiral H.A. Karo, R.A. Lyttleton, S. Landgren, N.B. Slater, A.A. Mikhailov, Z. Kopal, W.H. McCrea, G.J. Odgers, J.H. Oort, M.L. Oliphant and J.G. Porter.
- 1956 - 1958
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 bundle(s) (1 bundle)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- Lyttleton, Raymond Arthur, 1911 - 1995 (astronomer)
- McCrea, William Hunter, Sir, 1904 - 1999 (Knight, mathematician and astronomer)
- Mikhailov, Aleksandr Aleksandrovich, 1888 - 1983 (astronomer)
- Oort, Jan Hendrick, 1900 - 1992 (astronomer)
- Woolley, Richard van der Reit, Sir, 1906 - 1986 (Knight, astronomer)
- From the Series: Jones, Harold Spencer, Sir, 1890 - 1960 (Knight, astronomer) (Person)