Skip to main content

Abstract of title of James Gay to an estate in Thurning and Wood Dalling, 9a. 2r. whereof are contracted to be sold to CCCC., 1858

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09L/A 10a

Scope and Contents

From the Series:

The advowson was purchased by the college in 1718. In 1938 the living was united with that of Wood Dalling.
The statement in Masters (and Lamb) that the advowson was purchased from Robert Wace, the then rector of Thurning and Fulmodeston, appears to be mistaken. Wace was, however, the vendor the Fulmodeston-cum-Croxton. See XXX B 15.
The village is sometimes spelled Thirning.
For the decision to purchase on the favourable report of two fellows, see Chapter Book, 3, pp. 64-5.


  • Creation: 1858


30 sheet(s) : paper

Language of Materials


Former / Other Reference

XXX A 10a

Date information

DateText: Received 8 April..


William Gay, solicitor, Wisbech

Finding aid date

2008-02-04 20:09:01+00:00

Repository Details

Part of the Corpus Christi College Archives Repository

Corpus Christi College
Trumpington Street
Cambridge CB2 1RH United Kingdom