Assignment to Henry Whistler of London, gent, of mortgage of two messuages (as in 9), since destroyed in the Great Fire, for £75., 1675-01-28
Scope and Contents
The rectory of St Mary Abchurch was procured by Archbishop Parker from the Queen, in exchange for the rectory of Penshurst, Kent. After the fire of London in 1666, when both churches were destroyed, the curacy of St Lawrence Pountney was annexed to it. Prior to the dissolution both were in the hands of the Master and Chaplains of the College of Jesus and Corpus Christi near the church of St Lawrence Pountney.
For a brief account of St Mary Abchurch church, see http://www.ourpasthistory.com/England/st-mary-abchurch.
- Creation: 1675-01-28
1 membrane(s) : vellum
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
XL B 10
John Skinner, son and executor of Nicholas Skinner late of Austin Friars
Finding aid date