Skip to main content

Papers concerning timber, land tax, etc., 1724-11 - 1727-03

Reference Code: GBR/0268/CCCC09/N3/10

Scope and Contents

From the Fonds:

Little Wilsie lies in the parishes of Kedington (Kitton, or Ketton), Haverhill and Sturmer in the counties of Essex and Suffolk and is variously given as being in either or both counties.
The estate was purchased by the college in 1725 for £900 of which £800 were the proceeds of the sale to the university in 1720 of property on what is now Senate House Hill for the building of the Senate House.
In 1680 Thomas Day bequeathed Little Wilsie to his daughter Elizabeth who married William Reeves.
The farm originally consisted of 89 acres, 17 perches. In 1866-67 35 acres and 19 perches were bought from Queens' College for (including costs) £1781, and 27 acres 18 perches received from Mr Daniel Gurteen together with £206 11s in cash for 31 acres 3 roods and 39 perches given up to him making an addition to the estate of 30 acres 3 roods and 38 perches. See the Rent Book 1866, page 357: this is the Hog Street Farm.
No. 24 missing. Nos 26 to 28 not used.


  • Creation: 1724-11 - 1727-03


1 envelope(s) : paper

Language of Materials


Former / Other Reference

III 10



Finding aid date

2007-10-15 17:21:08+00:00

Repository Details

Part of the Corpus Christi College Archives Repository

Corpus Christi College
Trumpington Street
Cambridge CB2 1RH United Kingdom