Later deeds for farms based on the George in Bridge St, 1748 - 1840
Scope and Contents
Note by C. P. Hall: The George, formerly an inn from at least the 16th century was used as a farmhouse for lands in the common fields of Cambridge, as shown in the Terriers (141, 148, etc.). In 1800 it was leased, together with messuages in Newnham by Mr Whittred and the farm lands sub-let to tenants in Newnham (see 158). Post-enclosure allotments were more conveniently farmed from the Newnham, Grange Road area, and the George was let as messuages, workshops, etc., without farm holdings from 1814 .'
No. 164 not used.
- 1748 - 1840
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
Part of the Corpus Christi College Archives Repository
Corpus Christi College
Cambridge CB2 1RH United Kingdom
+44 (0)1223 338030