Cambridge, St Clement's parish, 1190 - 1903-11
Scope and Contents
The principal property owned by the college in this parish was the riverside one called the Sedge Hall (earlier Segge Halle), which came as part of the endowment to the college by Sir John of Cambridge. It descended from Sabina Hubard (previously Gogging) to Joan Dunning, Sir John's wife. See the Deed Book of John of Cambridge.
A card prefacing the later deeds (post 1586) records that in the 1748 catalogue item 11 is reported as, and is still, missing (not so, see 29.A) ; that in the 1827 catalogue items 8, 9, 12, 19, 20 and 21 have been later marked as missing; and that items 4,6, 10, 22 and 23 from that catalogue are now missing.
No. 33 not used.
For further details of Sedge Hall and other properties see T. E. Faber, An intimate history of the parish of St Clement in Cambridge, 1250-1950 (2006).
- 1190 - 1903-11
2 archive box(es) (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date