Coe, William, 1662-1729 (landowner and Quaker)
- Existence: 1662 - 1729
William Coe (1662-1729) was born in the parish of Mildenhall, Suffolk, the son of William Coe (1627-1680) and Judith, née Colman (d. 1669). He was a gentleman, who inherited wealth and status from his father and grandfather. He owned 100 acres in the local area, and was a farmer and producer of malt. Coe held several offices in the parish, and served as churchwarden for West Row in 1693, where he lived. He mixed with the leaders of the local community, and was one of the leading opponents of the presence of Quakerism in the area during the 1690s. Coe died at Mildenhall in 1729.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Diary, 25 December 1693 - 25 May 1729, 111 folios. At fo. 102 is an account of Jonas Hubbart, 1688. Fos 88-99 are blank.