Clark, John Willis, 1833-1910 (Cambridge University registrary)
- Existence: 1833 - 1910
John Willis Clark (1833-1910), Cambridge University Registrary, was born in Cambridge on 24 June 1833, the son of Dr William Clark, professor of anatomy at the university, and the nephew of Professor Robert Willis. He was educated at Eton and Trinity College, Cambridge (B.A., 1856), and became a fellow in 1858. He was superintendent of the Museum of Zoology, Cambridge, 1866-1891, and registrar of Cambridge University, 1891-1910. On his death in 1875 Professor Willis bequeathed his unfinished manuscript of the 'Architectural History of the University of Cambridge' to Clark, who completed the work on the book, and oversaw its publication (4 volumes, Cambridge, 1886). He died in Cambridge on 10 October 1910.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
'Repertorium sive index librorum latine et grece bibliothece Conventus Sancti Marci de Florentia ordinis Predicatorum', transcribed for J.W. Clark from the original catalogue in the State Archives, Modena, 64 folios. Attached to a fly-leaf are letters from G. Jervis to J.W. Clark, 14 June 1898 and 13 and 27 August 1898. Inside the front cover is the following note: 'To be given to the University Library, after Dr. M.R. James has made whatever use of it he pleases J.W. Clark 29 Aug. 1898'.
- Subject: Catalogues X