Humfrey, Charles, 1772 - 1848 (architect, developer, banker and mayor)
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Reference Code: GBR/0279/CPS 7
Scope and Contents This section contains papers relating to various premises occupied by the Cambridge Philosophical Society from its beginnings, including 1830s records of the work of Charles Humfrey, architect . The Society held its first meetings in the Museum of the (old) Botanic Garden before moving, in April 1820, to rented rooms above a shop managed by Mr C Bulstrode in Sidney Street, facing up Jesus Lane. In 1832 the Society leased land from St John’s College in All Saints Passage and built its own...
Dates: 1832 - 1978
Found in: Cambridge Philosophical Society / Premises Records