Skip to main content

Scott, Sir Giles Gilbert, 1880-1960 (Knight and architect)



  • Existence: 1880 - 1960


Sir Giles Gilbert Scott (1880-1960), architect

Found in 1 Collection or Record:


Sir Giles Gilbert Scott: Notebook for Cambridge University Library

Reference Code: GBR/0012/MS Add.9247
Scope and Contents

Notes, memoranda and sketches, mostly for Cambridge University Library, with occasional notes for other buildings and designs, including Downside School; Clare College; Ampleforth School chapel; Old Swinford church; Liverpool Cathedral; a sketch of (possibly) a tower; Bewdley church, Ribbesford; Falmouth House, St. Albans; and Golder's Green, Preston.

Dates: 1931 (Circa)
Conditions Governing Access: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (