Cambridge Camden Society
The Cambridge Camden Society was founded in 1839 by a group of undergraduates at Trinity College, Cambridge, who shared an interest in medieval ecclesiastical architecture. The founders included Benjamin Webb, John Mason Neale and Alexander Beresford-Hope. During the 1840s the society transferred to London, where it became the Ecclesiological Society. The society ended in 1867, but was refounded by Beresford-Hope in 1879 as the St Paul's Ecclesiological Society. The previous name was restored in 1937. The society's journal, The ecclesiologist, was published from 1841 to 1868.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
List of members with notes of the dates and reasons for their resignations, 1845, 92 folios. Additional lists of names occur at fos 76-80. Attached to fo. 1v is a letter from C.C. Babington to John Willis Clark, 22 March 1887.