Wilson and Co (fl. 1901-1918) (photographers)
- Existence: fl. 1901 - 1918
[W.D. ?] Wilson and Co. was a commercial photographic company active in Singapore circa 1901-1918. The firm had a studio at 17 Armenian Street and 186 Orchard Road, Singapore circa 1901-03. From circa 1903-1918 they had a studio only at 186 Orchard Road (with a branch office at 6A Battery Road circa 1905-1918). The firm acted as photographers to the Sultan of Johore from circa 1910. The business was owned by George S. Michael, possibly in partnership with W.D. Wilson, formerly of the Singapore Dispensary.
'The chronicle and directory for China, Japan...' (1901, 1910, 1915).
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
198 x 130 mm. A view looking south along Armenian Street from the junction with Stamford Road. In the left foreground are the premises of Wilson and Co. photographers. Possibly taken by Wilson and Co.
292 x 141 mm (mounted on card).